Please note that these terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
www.greenwoodsfurniture.co.uk is a site operated by Green Woods Furniture Ltd which is registered in England and Wales under the Company Number: 8011395. The registered office is 27 Zetland Road, Redland, Bristol BS6 7AH. VAT registration number is 947 0831 09.
Our site is intended for use by people within the UK. For enquiries outside of the UK, please contact us.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
- All products and services are subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time.
- Finishes are applied to the exterior of our furniture and bed frames. Due to the nature of the finishes applied in conjunction with the nature of wood used, the final finishes may vary from photos or swatches, especially in the case of reclaimed ranges (for which the uniqueness of the reclaimed wood used is part of its appeal).
- The majority of our furniture, beds and organic mattresses are handmade to order, except for one off items and other items we may occasionally have in stock, please enquire.
- All literature descriptions and website content of our products are correct at time of going to press. We undergo continuous product development and reserve the right to amend the specifications of any products without prior notice in relation to future sales.
- All wood species can react to sunlight exposure and changes in temperature and humidity.
- All of our furniture, beds and organic mattresses can be custom made to your requirements, including adjustments to height, width and depth, as well as to the overall design (eg custom draw heights, double hanging in wardrobes, bespoke detailing, etc), please enquire.
- All of our products are exactly handmade to measure, although reclaimed wood tops (such as table tops, cabinet tops, chest of drawer tops, etc) may vary and will usually be close to, but not always exactly the quoted thickness. For tight spaces, unless you are confident in the measurements (and the straightness of walls/alcoves/etc), we would recommend allowing for a tolerance of at least +/- one inch.
- Please ensure that you are fully aware of your required dimensions and that they are suitable for the space you have allocated.
- Please also allow for ease of access for the item(s) to be delivered to the location required, especially for larger items such as wardrobes and mattresses.
- The price of any products will be as quoted on our site from time to time, except in cases of obvious error.
- Prices displayed on our websites or otherwise are inclusive of VAT.
- Prices are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of those which we have already sent to you with your order confirmation.
- Our site contains a large number of products and options and it is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the products listed on our site may be incorrectly priced. We will normally verify prices as part of our dispatch procedures so that, where a product's correct price is less than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount when dispatching the Product to you. If a Product's correct price is higher than the price stated on our site, we will normally, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before dispatching the Product, or reject your order and notify you of such rejection.
- We are under no obligation to provide the Product to you at the incorrect (lower) price, even after we have sent you a Dispatch Confirmation, if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakable and could have reasonably been recognised as an incorrect price.
request payment in full at the time of ordering, or, at our discretion,
split 50:50, with the balance payable on delivery (please contact the
shop directly for this,
since does not apply to orders placed through the Green Woods Furniture
- Payment for all products must be by debit or credit card (on request
we can also accept bank transfers). We accept payment with MasterCard, Visa,
Maestro, Switch, Solo, Visa Electron and Delta.
- Green Woods Furniture Ltd also accept personal cheques, which must be received and cleared before delivery.
- Unless otherwise agreed (see above), goods cannot be delivered until full payment has been received.
- We do not offer a time limited guarantee for our furniture and beds, but instead will fix any unexpected problems which may arise after the goods have been purchased for the expected and reasonable lifetime of a product. This does not include general wear and tear, damage or misuse.
- Our organic mattresses are guaranteed for a varying number of years,
depending on the type mattress chosen. Again, this does not include
general wear and tear, damage or misuse.
- The above guarantees are in addition to and do not affect your statutory rights.
Cancellations / Amendments
- It is your customer responsibility to check that all the details on the order form are correct, including the exact specifications of the product and delivery details. Please also check your invoice/receipt.
- Any customised, bespoke or adjusted products are non-refundable and cannot be cancelled.
- Refunds are authorised once the return has been accepted. The refund can take up to 14 days to appear in your account and will be refunded via original payment method used for the order.
- We cannot complete the refund until the products have arrived back at our Bristol base.
- If you have had your product delivered and have changed your mind please refer below to our Refunds and Returns policy.
- Goods made to the consumer's own specifications are excluded from the cancellation rights unless there is found to be a fault or not to the correct specification to which it was ordered.
- Delivery dates will be arranged and confirmed via confirmation email and/or telephone.
- Green Woods Furniture Ltd will endeavour to meet any agreed date and/or time for delivery, but, in any event, time of delivery will not be of the essence.
- Green Woods Furniture Ltd will not be liable for any delay in delivery, howsoever caused.
- We reserve the right to charge a minimum of £50 delivery attempt fee if we have made a delivery attempt and the customer has not been present to accept at the agreed time and date and therefore the product has been sent back to the company.
- We request at least 3 working days notice if you wish to postpone your delivery date.
- We may sometimes use a third party delivery agent to ensure your goods are delivered efficiently and to the date requested, however in the unlikely event that goods have been delayed by unforeseen circumstances (such as snow, floods, etc) the delivery company may not be able to make the delivery on the date requested. In this event, we will aim to attempt the delivery at the earliest convenience and is beyond our physical control to meet the exact date requested.
- If you have requested for your delivery to be left in a safe place we cannot be held responsible for any missing or damaged items.
- It is expected that upon delivery you will sign to acknowledge receipt of your items ordered and that you accept there is no damage to the goods. It is your responsibility to ensure all goods are delivered as ordered.
- If goods are being sent via a third party (for example via a courier) and you are not in to receive your delivery this will be sent back to the courier depot for a maximum of three days before being returned to us. The courier should leave a calling card enabling you to rearrange a delivery. After two failed delivery attempts this will be sent back to our Bristol base and an additional delivery charge will be needed to re-send the product(s).
- We reserve the right to charge a £50 redirection fee should you change the delivery address after being dispatched from our warehouse.
- Collections are available from our Bristol based shop or warehouse providing we are notified at least 3 days in advance.
- You can collect your goods providing full payment has been received from our Bristol shop on any day from Wednesday to Saturday, between 10.30am and 5.00pm - please arrange this before visiting.
Refunds & Returns Policy
- If you are not happy with your purchase for any reason or in the rare instance you have experienced any defects with the product(s) ordered, please contact us within 14 working days to see if we can resolve the issue. We would normally endeavour to repair the item(s) to a satisfactory condition or, if necessary, organise a replacement. If however, you are still unsatisfied with the product and wish to return, the following terms will apply:
- Returns must be notified to us in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by written letter to the Green Woods Furniture shop or via our website returns form.
- You must notify of us with your intention to return the product(s) within 14 working days of the initial delivery date.
- All items purchased from us must be unused and returned in their original packaging. We will need to know your order reference, the model name and size of the model you are returning and the date of order.
- Due to hygiene reasons we are unable to accept back any mattresses or bedding products that have been removed from their original packaging, or used (where packaging hasn't been provided. This is for health protection reasons and in line with section 28 (3) (a) of the Consumer Contracts Regulation.
- We will refund your money within 14 days of the return being accepted.
- Any shipping costs incurred will be refunded if the product is to be found defective as described and in accordance with the above.
If you change your mind (after ordering via our website only)
- If you have simply changed your mind about any item(s) ordered solely through our online shop at www.greenwoodsfurniture.co.uk and you wish to return, then, in line with the "The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges Regulations 2013"), which replaced the "Distance Selling Regulations" on the 13th June 2014, you can do so providing you inform us of your decision within 14 working days of the delivery date. This can be done by writing to the shop, emailing or filling in our website returns form. The item must not be used and must be 'as new' when returned to us. Once you've informed us that you wish to return the item(s) you have up to 28 calendar days to do so at your own expense. Once the item is received at the Green Woods Furniture shop (at 27 Zetland Road, Redland, Bristol BS6 7AH), we will issue a full refund for the product(s). Please be aware that any shipping costs incurred will be debited from this as it is the customers responsibility to cover delivery costs on returns for non faulty goods. This includes both the original outbound delivery and the inbound return delivery. Please note this policy does have some limitations and the aforementioned selling regulations do not apply to business customers.
- All custom made items and bespoke products that are made to the customer's specific requirements and non standard items we sell will not fall under the same terms as above regarding our Refunds & Returns Policy unless the goods are to be found faulty and not to the correct specification as to which they were ordered.