Furniture, Beds and MattressesCan you make-to-measure?
- Yes, all of our pieces, including our organic mattresses, can be made-to-measure.
- This depends on the work and materials used, but for small tweaks in height, width and depth, quotes would range from 5% up, on top of the standard price.
Can you make pieces in your standard furniture ranges to my own design?
- Yes, if you're looking for a specific configuration for a piece in a range, then please contact us with details - eg for a quadruple Plank wardrobe with double hanging spaces, internal shelves, etc, etc.
- It depends on the piece - usually we can make a unit in a similar style to our standard ranges, but to your exact requirements. For completely bespoke designs, it is still worth getting in touch, since we have a small number of highly skilled makers for specific commissions, including makers close to our Bristol base and also in London and Glasgow. These makers have made several bespoke items for customers over the years, ranging from sideboards and tables through to complete bedroom sets and even trophy cabinets.
- The best way is to contact us with your basic requirements, following this up with a sketch of the piece with all the relevant measurements. We will then come back to you with a quote - this usually takes up to a week or so).
- All of our beds and furniture are made from either sustainable or reclaimed wood, either certified or independently verified as being from a sustainable or reclaimed source.
- The choice of wood varies from product to product.
Is your furniture made from FSC certified wood?
- Some of our furniture is made from FSC certified wood, whereas other ranges use wood from independently assessed sources, for example wood taken from the local Forest of Avon woodland scheme and UK sourced, reclaimed wood.
Can you colour match existing pieces?
- Depending on the item, we can sometimes provide a colour match service at an additional cost of 5 -10%.
- Yes, unlike some companies, all of our prices include standard handles and finishing.
Do your beds dismantle?
- Yes, all of our beds break down into headboard, footboard and side rails.
- Most of our beds use a fixing system based on the well known 'Bed Loc' arrangement, but we provide an improved bolt design, allowing your bed to be disassembled and reassembled many more times than the original, low depth bolts would allow.
Do your wardrobes dismantle?
- We normally deliver wardrobes as either 1, 2 or 3 pieces, depending on the style, but can also deliver in component form (ie flat panels) to put together in situ. Please do let us know if you think access might be difficult.
What type of base do your beds have?
- All of our wooden beds have flat, solid wood slats, spaced 4-5cm apart to give optimum support to your mattress, whilst allowing it to breathe to avoid a build up of moisture and heat.
- Our upholstered 'Pure' divan base has a choice of springs or flat, solid wood springs..
Do your beds have centre supports (for the slats)?
- Yes, from the double size and up, all of our beds also feature a centre bar.
Can your organic mattresses be used on beds with slatted bases?
- Yes, though we recommend that slats are spaced at a maximum of 4-5cm apart (as for any type of mattress).
Why don't you have more chairs?
- Unfortunately, there simply aren't many chair makers left in the UK, with our last main supplier, HJ Berry going in to a well publicised administration several years ago (after 140 years of fine chair making).
- Some of our suppliers do supply chairs that match their tables - these are bought in from abroad (usually from Belgium) and then finished in the UK. These can be ordered, if required - please enquire for details.
Our ShowroomAre all of your products on display?
- For our furniture, we have a selection of products showing all the different ranges from all the different makers.
- For mattresses, we have the largest display range of organic mattresses (all soil association certified) in the UK, including:
Pure 1000 (Pocket Sprung) - Medium
Pure 1500 (Pocket Sprung) - Soft
Pure 1500 (Pocket Sprung) - Medium
Pure 1500 (Pocket Sprung) - Firm
Pure 1500 (Pocket Sprung) - Extra Firm
Pure 3000 (Pocket Sprung) - Medium
Pure 3000 (Pocket Sprung) - Firm
We also have toppers/mattress pads, plus a wide selection of our bedding to take away.
- We don't have dedicated parking, but there are always spaces available down the two streets either side of the shop, as well as hour long spaces on Coldharbour Road itself.
Do you ever have any sales?
- We usually have a Clearout Sale at least once a year for discontinued and slight second items, as well as an ongoing Clearance section on our website, see here.
Rather than hike our prices up temporarily to then give a discount, we prefer to offer our products at a fair and reasonable price - we believe you can't find better value, UK made-to-measure pieces any where else!
WebsiteWhy can't I see a main picture for an item?
- We are constantly updating our website and occasionally are still waiting for a suitable picture to come through from the maker.
Why don't you have prices for some items?
- Prices might not be shown if we are in the process of updating items. If this is the case, please telephone the shop on 0117 942 87 32 for more information.
OrderingHow do I place an order?
- Please select the relevant options for the product you want to buy and then click on the 'Add to Cart' button. You will then be taken through to the delivery, confirmation and secure payment sections.
We use the Paypal Express system, which allows customers to either sign in to their Paypal account, or, alternatively, sign in as a guest and use a credit or debit card.
- You can also phone us on (0117) 942 87 32 or send an email to email@example.com.
What means of payment do you take?
- We take all major switch and credit cards (excluding American Express), cheques and cash.
Do your prices include VAT?
- Yes, all of our prices include VAT charged at the current rate.
Our VAT registration number is 947 0831 09.
- Yes, we can arrange for your order to be picked up from the store (or our nearby warehouse), if you prefer not to have the item(s) delivered.
GuaranteesAre your products guaranteed?
- We do not offer a time limited guarantee for our furniture and beds, but instead will fix any unexpected problems which may arise after the goods have been purchased for the expected and reasonable lifetime of a product. This does not include general wear and tear, damage or misuse
- Our organic mattresses are guaranteed for a varying number of years,
depending on the type mattress chosen. Again, this does not include
general wear and tear, damage or misuse.
- The above guarantees are in addition to and do not affect your statutory rights.
ReturnsWhat is your returns policy?
- If you are not happy with your purchase for any reason or in the rare instance you have experienced any defects with the product(s) ordered, please contact us within 14 working days to see if we can resolve the issue. We would normally endeavour to repair the item(s) to a satisfactory condition or, if necessary, organise a replacement. If however, you are still unsatisfied with the product and wish to return, the following terms will apply:
- Returns must be notified to us in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by written letter to the Green Woods Furniture shop or via our website returns form.
- You must notify of us with your intention to return the product(s) within 14 working days of the initial delivery date.
- All items purchased from us must be unused and returned in their original packaging. We will need to know your order reference, the model name and size of the model you are returning and the date of order.
- Due to hygiene reasons we are unable to accept back any mattresses or bedding products that have been removed from their original packaging, or used (where packaging hasn't been provided. This is for health protection reasons and in line with section 28 (3) (a) of the Consumer Contracts Regulation.
- We will refund your money within 14 days of the return being accepted.
- Any shipping costs incurred will be refunded if the product is to be found defective as described and in accordance with the above.
- If you have simply changed your mind about any item(s) ordered solely through our online shop at www.greenwoodsfurniture.co.uk and you wish to return, then, in line with the "The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges Regulations 2013"), which replaced the "Distance Selling Regulations" on the 13th June 2014, you can do so providing you inform us of your decision within 14 working days of the delivery date. This can be done by writing to the shop, emailing or filling in our website returns form. The item must not be used and must be 'as new' when returned to us. Once you've informed us that you wish to return the item(s) you have up to 28 calendar days to do so at your own expense. Once the item is received at the Green Woods Furniture shop (at 116 Coldharbour Road, Bristol BS6 7SL), we will issue a full refund for the product(s). Please be aware that any shipping costs incurred will be debited from this as it is the customers responsibility to cover delivery costs on returns for non faulty goods. This includes both the original outbound delivery and the inbound return delivery. Please note this policy does have some limitations and the aforementioned selling regulations do not apply to business customers.
- All custom made items and bespoke products that are made to the customer's specific requirements and non standard items we sell will not fall under the same terms as above regarding our Refunds & Returns Policy unless the goods are to be found faulty and not to the correct specification as to which it was ordered.